We appreciate you entrusting your information to us and we will try to deserve that trust at all times. For this, the first step is that you know what information we collect, why we collect it, how it is used and the options you have regarding your information. This Policy describes our privacy practices in plain language, minimizing legal and technical vocabulary.
EFFECTIVE DATE: August 30, 2019
1. WHO WE ARE
Depixs Worldwide SL
Font I Monteros, 14, Balearic Islands
In case you live outside the European Union, the company responsible for your information will be:
Depixs Worldwide SL
Font I Monteros, 14, Balearic Islands
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
It goes without saying that to help you develop relevant connections we need a little information about you, for example your basic profile data and the types of people you would like to meet. We also collect information that is generated when you use our services (for example, session logs), as well as information from third parties, such as when you access our services through a social media account. If you want more information, continue reading.
Information you provide us
By using our services, you choose to provide us with certain information. This information includes:
- When you create an account, at least you have to provide us with your credentials to log in, as well as some basic details necessary for the service to work, such as your gender and date of birth.
- When you complete your profile, you can share with us more information, such as details about your personality, lifestyle, interests and other information about yourself, as well as content (photos and videos). To add certain content, such as photos and videos, you may allow us to access your camera or photo album. Some of the information you provide may be considered “special” or “sensitive” in certain jurisdictions, for example, your racial or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, and religious beliefs. By providing this information, you also give us your consent for us to process it.
- When you subscribe to a payment service or make a purchase directly through us (instead of through a platform such as iOS or Android), you provide information (to us or to our payment service provider) such as your debit or credit card or other financial information.
- When you participate in surveys or discussion groups, you give us your opinion about our products and services, answer our questions and provide us with recommendations.
- If you decide to participate in our promotions, events or contests, we will collect the information you use to register or enter.
- If you contact our customer service team, we will collect the information you give us during the interaction. We sometimes monitor or record these interactions for training purposes and to ensure high-quality service.
- If you ask us to communicate with others or to process information about them (for example, if you ask us to send an email on your behalf to one of your friends), we will collect the information you give us about other people in order to complete your request.
- Of course, we also process your chats with other users and the content you post as part of the regular use of the services.
Information we receive from others
In addition to the information you provide us directly, we also receive information about you from third parties, including:
- Other Users Other users
may provide information about you when they use our services. For example, we may collect information about you from other users who contact us about you.
- Social media You
may be able to use your social media login details (such as Facebook login details) to create and log in to your Depixs account. In this way, you will not have to memorize another username and password and it allows you to share with us information from your social media account.
- Other partners We
may receive information about you from our partners. For example, when Depixs ads are served on a partner’s web pages and platforms (in which case, they may pass on data to us about the success of a campaign).
Information collected when you use our services
When you use our services, we collect information about the features you have used, how you have used them and what devices you use to access our services. Read on for more information:
information We collect information about your activity in our services. For example, how you use them (eg, date and time you log in, features you use, searches, clicks, pages that have been shown to you, address of the referring web pages or ads that you have clicked on ) and how you interact with other users (eg, users you connect with and interact with, date and time of your interactions, or number of messages you send and receive).
- Device Information We
collect information about the devices you use to access our services. This includes:
- hardware and software information, such as the IP address, device ID and type, settings and specific characteristics of the device and its apps, app locks, ad IDs (such as Google’s AAID and Apple’s IDFA, both generated numbers which can be reset via device settings), browser type, version and language, operating system, time zone, identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that can identify your device or browser (eg IMEI / UDID and MAC address);
- information about your connection to Wi-Fi and mobile networks, such as your service provider and signal strength;
- information about the device’s sensors, such as accelerometers, gyros, and compasses.
- Other information with your consent
You can give us permission to collect your geolocation (latitude and longitude) through various means depending on the service and device you are using, including GPS, Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connections. We may collect your geolocation in the background (even when you are not using the services) if you have given us specific permission to do so. We will not collect your geolocation if you do not grant us the necessary permission.
You can also give us your consent to collect your photos and videos (for example, if you want to post a photo, video or streaming on the services).
4. COOKIES AND OTHER SIMILAR DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome) have a ‘Do Not Track’ (‘ DNT ‘) option that indicates to the website that the user does not want a track your online activity. In the event that a website responding to DNT signals receives one, the browser may prevent that website from collecting certain information about the browser user. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and DNT signals still do not work smoothly. This is the reason why many companies, including Depixs, do not currently respond to DNT signals.
5. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION
The main reason we use your information is for the provision and improvement of our services. We also use your information to maintain your security and provide you with advertisements that may interest you. Read on for a more detailed explanation of why we use your information, along with practical examples.
Manage your account and provide our services
- Create and manage your account
- Offer you customer service and attend to your requests
- Carry out your transactions
- Communicate with you about services, including order management and billing
Help you connect with other users
- We analyze your profile, service activity and preferences to recommend the relevant connections and recommend your profile to others.
- Show user profiles to other users
Guarantee a homogeneous experience on all your devices
- Link the different devices you use so that you can enjoy a homogeneous experience of services in all of them. For this, we link the devices and the browser data, for example, when you log into your account from different devices, if you use a full or partial IP address, the browser version and similar data from your devices for identification and linking.
Offer you new Depixs services
- Register and show your profile in new Depixs functions and apps
- Manage your account in these new functions and apps
Show you relevant offers and ads
- Manage sweepstakes, contests, discounts and other offers
- Develop and present personalized content and ads tailored to your interests on our services and other websites, and track that content
- Communicate with you via email, phone, social media or mobile devices to inform you about products or services that may interest you
Improve our services and develop new services
- Manage discussion groups and surveys
- Investigate and analyze user behavior to improve our services and content (for example, we could change the appearance and style of a new function, or even modify it substantially, depending on user behavior)
- Developing new functions and services (for example, we could further develop an interest-based function serving user requests).
Prevent, detect and combat fraud or other illegal or unauthorized activities
- Address suspected or persistent misbehavior, on or off the platform
- Analyze the information to better understand these types of activities and design more effective countermeasures
- Save information about fraudulent activities to prevent them from happening again in the future
Ensure compliance with the law
- Comply with legal requirements
- Assist law enforcement
- Apply or make use of our rights, for example, our Terms
To process your information as described above, we use the following legal bases:
- Providing our services: In general, the reason we process your information is to fulfill the contract we have with you. For example, when you use our services to develop relevant connections, we use your information to manage your account and your profile, make it visible to other users and recommend other users.
- Legitimate interests: We can use your information as long as we have a legitimate interest for it. For example, we analyze the behavior of users in our services to continuously improve our offers, we suggest offers that we think may interest you and we process information for administrative, legal and fraud detection purposes.
6. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
Since our goal is to help you develop relevant connections, who else we share user information with is, of course, with other users.
With other users
You share information with other users when you voluntarily disclose information on the services (including your public profile). Be careful with your information and make sure that the content you share are things that you don’t mind being seen publicly. Remember that neither you nor we can control what others do with your information once you share it.
In case you decide to restrict the audience of all or part of your profile, or of certain content or information about you, the information will be visible depending on your settings.
- With our service providers and partners
We use third parties to help us manage and improve our services. These third parties assist us with various tasks, such as data hosting and maintenance, analytics, customer support, advertising, advertisements, payment processing, and security operations.
We may also share information with partners who distribute and assist us with advertising of our services. For example, we may share limited information about you (in encrypted and non-human-readable format) with our advertising partners.
We follow a strict investigation process before hiring a service provider or working with a partner. All of our service providers and partners must accept strict confidentiality obligations.
- For corporate transactions
We may transfer your information if we participate, in whole or in part, in a merger, sale, acquisition, divestment, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy or other change in ownership or control.
We may disclose your information if it is reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with a legal process, such as a court order, appearance or search warrant, government / law enforcement investigation or other legal requirements; (ii) to prevent and detect criminal activities (depending on the relevant laws in each case), or (iii) to safeguard the safety of a person.
We may also share information: (i) if the disclosure of such information mitigates our liability in a possible or actual lawsuit; (ii) as necessary to safeguard our legal rights and the legal rights of our users, business partners or other interested parties; (iii) to enforce our agreements with you, and (iv) to investigate or prevent criminal activity, suspected fraud or other improper acts, or take any other action accordingly.
- With your consent or at your request
We may ask for your consent to share your information with third parties. In such a case, we will clearly explain the reason for sharing the information.
We can use and share non-personal information (information that, by itself, does not identify the person, such as information about the device, general demographic data, general behavioral data, geolocation in an unidentifiable format), as well as encrypted and illegible personal information for people, under any of the circumstances mentioned above.
7. CROSS-BORDER DATA TRANSFERS
Sometimes sharing the information described involves making cross-border data transfers, for example, to the United States of America and other jurisdictions. This is the case when the personal information of users located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) is transferred to countries outside it. We use standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission or other appropriate safeguards to allow cross-border data transfers from the EEA to other countries. Standard contractual clauses are commitments between companies that transfer personal data; They force them to protect the privacy and security of your information.
8. YOUR RIGHTS
We want you to be in control of your information, which is why we provide you with the following tools:
- Access / update tools in the services.Account tools and settings that allow you to access, correct or delete the information you have provided us and that is directly associated with your account in the service. If you have questions about these tools and settings, please contact our customer support team.
- Device permissions – Mobile platforms have permission systems for specific types of device information and notifications (for example, for phonebook and location services, as well as for push notifications). You can change your device settings to allow or disallow corresponding information to be collected or notifications to appear. Of course, if you do that, some services may not work completely.
- Deletion.You can delete your account using the corresponding function directly from the services.
We want you to know your privacy rights. Here are some key points to remember:
- Review your information: The relevant laws may grant you the right to review the information that we keep about you (depending on the jurisdiction, this may be known as the right of access, portability right or variations of said terms). You can request a copy of your personal information by making a request.
- Update your information.If you believe that the information we hold about you is inaccurate or that we no longer have the right to use it and you want to request that it be corrected, deleted or not processed, please contact us.
For your protection and that of all our users, we may ask you to provide proof of identity before attending to previous requests.
Please note that we may reject certain requests for various reasons, for example, the request is illegal or violates the trade secrets, intellectual property or privacy of other users. If you want to obtain information about another user, such as a copy of any message that has been sent to you through our services, the other user will have to contact our privacy officer to give written consent before disclosing the information.
In addition, there will be certain requests against processing that we will not be able to respond to, especially if those requests prevent us from continuing to provide our services to you. For example, we cannot provide our services if we do not have your date of birth.
- Uninstallation To prevent an app from continuing to collect information, you can uninstall it using the standard uninstall process on your device. If you uninstall the app on a mobile device, the unique identifier associated with your device will not be deleted and will continue to be stored. Thus, if you reinstall the application on the same mobile device, we can re-associate this identifier with your previous transactions and activities.
- Liability: In certain countries, including those of the European Union, you have the right to file a complaint with the relevant data protection authority in case you are concerned with how we process your personal information. The authority to which you can file a complaint will mainly be that of your habitual residence, that of the place where you work or that of the place where we are established.
9. RESIDENTS IN CALIFORNIA
If you reside in California, you can request a notification informing you of the categories of your personal information that we have shared with third parties for their direct advertising purposes during the previous year. For your protection and that of all our users, we may request you that you provide proof of identity before attending to your request.
10. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We work hard to protect you against unauthorized access to your personal information and against its alteration, disclosure or destruction. Like all technology companies, although we take steps to safeguard your information, we cannot promise, and should not expect, that your personal information is secure at all times.
We regularly monitor our systems for potential weaknesses and attacks, and we also regularly review our information collection, storage, and processing practices to update our physical, technical, and organizational security measures.
In the event that we suspect or detect a security breach, we may suspend your use of our services, in whole or in part, without prior notice.
To ensure that both our systems and your information are protected against unauthorized access, theft and loss, we have implemented a bug bounty program.
11. FOR HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
We only keep your personal information for as long as we need it for our legitimate business purposes and as permitted by applicable law. In order to safeguard the security of our users both inside and outside our services, we have implemented a three-month security preservation window from the moment an account is deleted. The account information will be kept during this period, although of course the account will no longer appear in the services.
In practice, we delete and anonymize your information once you delete the account (after the security retention period) or after two years of continued inactivity, unless:
- we must keep it to comply with applicable laws (for example, certain “traffic data” are kept for one year to comply with legal data retention obligations);
- there is an exceptional problem, conflict, or complaint that requires us to retain relevant information until such matter is resolved; or
- Information should be kept for our legitimate business interests, for example, to prevent fraud and improve user safety and security. Thus, for example, we may have to retain the information to prevent a user excluded for bad behavior or security incidents from opening another account.
Please note that although our systems are intended to delete information in accordance with the above guidelines, we cannot guarantee that all data will be deleted before a specific period of time due to technical difficulties.
12. PRIVACY OF CHILDREN
Our services are restricted to users who are over 18 years of age. We do not allow anyone under the age of 18 to use our platform and we do not collect, at least consciously, personal information from people under the age of 18. If you suspect that a user is under the age of 18, please report it through our complaint mechanism, available on the services.
Since we are always looking for new and innovative ways to help you develop relevant connections, this policy may change over time. We will notify you before any significant changes take effect so that you have time to review them.
14. HOW TO CONTACT US
If you live in the European Union:
By ordinary mail:
Officer Depixs Worldwide SL
Font I Monteros, 14, Spain
If you live outside the European Union:
Officer Depixs Worldwide SL
Font I Monteros, 14, Spain